Professional health care in the comfort and security of your own home.
When recovering from an illness, an injury, or disease, you might require any of a variety of health services, but are unable to leave home to receive them. Home Health from Epworth At Home includes a broad spectrum of medically related services and therapies you may need to help you regain or maintain your health and independence. Typically, this type of care is only needed on a short-term or intermittent basis.
There are certain requirements for patients to qualify for these types of services.
- You must be covered by Medicare.
- You must be under the care of a physician.
- You must require intermittent skilled nursing care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy.
- You must be homebound.
I found the essentials I needed from the Epworth At Home care team and their professional Nursing, Therapy and Nutrition staff. They nurtured me back to health with the empathy, expertise and experienced care I needed during a fragile and frightening life experience.Rev. Dan J Frisby, Retired United Methodist Pastor
Our Home Health Services include:
- Skilled Nursing Care provided by either a Registered Nurse (observation and assessment; plan of care management, education, etc.) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (routine skilled care).
- Patient and caregiver education regarding disease management, medication management, and community resources.
- Wound Care assessment, dressing changes, and education.
- Cardiac Care for heart disease, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, etc.
- Pulmonary Care addressing asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, emphysema, etc.
- Diabetic education.
- Ostomy care and training.
- Behavioral Health Services such as depression, grief counseling, dementia care, etc.
- Physical Therapy including gait and balance training, strength training, range of motion assessment and exercises, home exercise program, fall prevention, etc.
- Occupational Therapy including bathroom safety and set-up instruction, activities of daily living assessment, education and intervention, etc.
- Speech Therapy including swallowing assessment, cognitive assessment, speech assessment, etc.
To learn more about any of our Home Health Services, call (405) 767-9033 and speak with one of our knowledgeable Care Counselors.